Katmandu, Nepal


Katmandu, Nepal, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

Thursday, June 17, 2010. Here's another sketch you may have seen before, from my trip to Nepal back in February. It's just a little scene of some apartments, I assume, which were overlooking the Monkey Temple area. I celebrated my 45th birthday yesterday. God has been good to me. I spent some time thinking about how good. I have a wonderful wife, two great kids, amazing families on both sides, a great job, a great church family, and loads of good, blank drawing paper. When I think back to how I felt about life in my early 20s, I would never have imagined such an amazing future for myself. Goals for myself for the next 45? I want to be a better dad, a better husband, a better teacher, a better friend, and I want to fill up even more of those blank sketchbooks.

6 comments:

Memo V said...

Happy Birthday

Alex Zonis said...

Happy birthday, Rob!

Pierre Raby said...

Happy birhday (late:) Rob!
Happy to see you're back with your amazing sketches and colors, so uniques.

Rob Carey said...

Thank you, Memo, Alex, Pierre!

Rene Fijten said...

Congratulations on your 45st birthday. And really glad to see you back. I feel the same about the timeconsuming aspects of blogging, but it's one of those things that keeps us going and improving.

rob carey said...

Yeah, I suppose so, Rene. Enough people convinced me to hang in there. I'll give it another go. Thanks for the birthday cheer, my friend.