Müllheim, Germany


Müllheim, Germany, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010. This is a sketch I did back in November, sketched out on location, then finished up at home. I know I won't be sketching as much these next couple of weeks, so I thought I'd recycle through a couple old ones. Now that summer's here, I'm spending my days painting some classrooms, and then getting some long-awaited jobs around the house done. Of course, evenings are spent watching the World Cup games. Summer in Southern Germany is always nice. Our kids often hang out at the Kandern pool and we use our back patio for grilling and hanging out with friends we haven't had time to see during the school year. God has given us a great year. I enjoyed teaching my son, and collected loads of memories that will last me for years to come. My daughter has her summer to relax before her rigorous Junior year of high school. So hard to believe that next summer the plan is to look at colleges back in the States.

6 comments:

Paulo J. Mendes said...

Lovely traditional architecture. Love the colors, too :))

Mineke Reinders said...

How time flies really. But how great to have these wonderful sketches as memories. This one is really beautiful.

Alex Zonis said...

Beautiful and looks like a fairytale house.

I am so glad you decided to continue your blog! It was a sad day for me when I read about your decision to delete it.

Rob Carey said...

Thank you for the nice comments, Paulo, Mineke, and Alex.

Frankie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! It was love at first sight and you are still one of my most precious gifts from God...a gift that keeps on giving.

Your art and words are awesome..I hope you keep it up.

Enjoy your summer!

PS I vote for Whitworth in Spokane..lots of room here for sweet Amanda. Love you, Mom

Rob Carey said...

Love the sketchpads! Muchas gracias- that'll keep me busy for quite a while. Big hugs to E & G!