Björketorp, Sweden


Björketorp, Sweden, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

July 2, 2010. So here's the little "stuga" named Sulatorp where we lived all week while we were in Sweden. My daughter was sick with the stomach flu at the time, my son and wife at Liseberg amusement park, so I settled down on the grass and listened to a cuckoo bird in the trees. The cottage was great- a wonderful restful place deep in the woods, owned by some missionary friends who live in our village. From here we ventured out to see several of my wife's Swedish relatives each day and enjoy the amazing countryside.

3 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

It looks like you had some mishap on your holiday, not everything goes as you find in travelcatalogues.... Hope you had a nice stay nontheless, Sweden is a beautiful country. Lovely drawng anyway.

Rob Carey said...

Yeah, I'd like to make another visit to Sweden some day. Such a beautiful part of the world.

Frankie said...

Save this one for your mom :)...love it! I think you should get into screen printing...I met a woman at the Boise Farmer's Market who does this and you could then share your sketches with all your fans.

PS Sweden does sound wonderful!