Iglesia de San Salvador de Usurbil, ES

July 17, 2010. Here's a little sketch to honor Spain, the winners of this year's World Cup season. I was really pulling for Germany, but it didn't happen this time around. I have to say, I was very proud of the German team though. They were good sports when they lost to Spain. They didn't try to make excuses or slander the other team. They played hard to the end and congratulated the winners after the game. It's a young team, so I'm optimistic about the next go at it in four years.

10 comments:

joseph's art and stuff said...

very impressive my friend!

Rene Fijten said...

I agree with Joseph, nice linework, good composition, subtle colour works well.

Pierre Raby said...

This is wonderful, great sketch Rob!

Rob Carey said...

Thanks, Joseph and Rene. I've been on this gray tones click lately. We'll see how long it goes.

didier Millotte said...

Very nice one Rob. I lie particulary the trees and herbs, good movement.

Rob Carey said...

Thank you Pierre and Didier. I would like to make a trip through Spain some time to do some sketching some day. Didier, good to hear from you again.

Mineke Reinders said...

Excellent! A very strong drawing. I love the simplicity of design contrasted with the complexity of detail and texture in the tower.

Even though I was rooting for Holland in the final game, I think Spain's victory was very deserved.

Rob Carey said...

I agree with you, as do my German friends. Spain simply was a strong team this year, no doubt.

pete scully said...

This is so nicely done Rob. The suggestion of colour too in those tones is really powerful, really works well with the cross hatching.

Rob Carey said...

thanks, Pete- a little different style for me.