in Mexico City


in Mexico City, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

August 12, 2010. The winner of the last post was Ryan, who found the location of the drawing to be Bilbao, Spain. That means that one of the artists listed on my blog list lives near that area, if you want to give it a try. I'm not sure what kind of prize I will give Ryan. If you have any ideas, let me know. Maybe I should do a new cartoon of him for his profile photo. Here's a sketch of somewhere near Mexico City. As usual, I have chosen a well-worn architectural scene with unusual characteristics, which seem to be my favorite.

7 comments:

art is jokken said...

Color tonality is beautiful!

joseph's art and stuff said...

wow, would love to have something like this hanging on the wall!

Rob Carey said...

thanks guys!

Joseph, maybe we could make a trade sometime?

Ryan said...

I'd be more that willing to accept a new cartoon for my profile pic or a kabob on my next visit to the area.

Rob Carey said...

Either one- I can treat you to a "donor box," which is a box filled with alternating layers of meat and pommes. Ganz lecker!

Irina said...

AMAZING job here, all this dots and lines, such a pleasure to see. And watercolors. Great.

Rob Carey said...

thank you, Irina.