Kandern Budenfest 2010


Kandern Budenfest 2010, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

September 12, 2010. As I sit here now, thunder and lightning take over the night skies, and I'm sure the rivers are swelling as the rain has been falling in sheets. When I drew this earlier today, there was no sign of a storm. It's Budenfest weekend in Kandern, and people come from all around to enjoy the amazing tastes and throngs of visitors. Just yesterday, as we sat in the wrestling club's booth enjoying schnitzel and onion pizza, I commented, "This is the first Budenfest I remember without rain."

9 comments:

Dzhony_df said...

+++

Rob Carey said...

спасибо!

Rene Fijten said...

Leave it to germans to have übertypical signs, to tell the ballon which way to go.

Rob Carey said...

Ha! You see more in this drawing than I did.

Pierre Raby said...

Wonderful drawing Rob! Composition, colors and this unexpected hot-air balloon which gives a festive mood to it.

Rob Carey said...

thanks, Pierre. We don't often see balloons like this passing overhead.

Howard and Eileen Dueck said...

love it - love this corner! the first time I drove through this corner (without stopping or looking to the left) a German yelled at me. imagine that. i was shocked at such behaviour! :) miss you all! e.

Rob Carey said...

Yeah, I always try to warn newcomers to Kandern about this corner- it's a good place to get one's first scolding!

Marcy said...

Another rain-free Budenfest! YAY!!!!