other side of Blumenplatz


on Blumenplatz- Kandern, DE, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

October 23, 2010. So here's the other side of the Blumenplatz in Kandern. The last sketch was looking the other direction. This is the little paper goods shop to the right and on the left is the little youth bistro in town. As I was sketching this, a couple teenagers came running up to the cafe and grabbed some brooms and began sweeping up the leaves. The lady from the paper goods shop was rolling out the newspaper stands for the day. Kind of fun watching the town wake up on a Saturday.

7 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

Great drawing Rob, And yes it's nice to see the town wake up, makes you observer in your own town.

Austin Maloney said...

Rob I hadn't been by your blog for quite a while, your have really improved!

Rob Carey said...

Thanks guys. Have a good week.

Jesús Garrido said...

son una preciosidad, bonito dibujo

Gillian said...

I do enjoy seeing your work - I think you have a unique and recognisable style - I can't pinpoint it but I do admire it! I love the portrayal of your own hands in this.

Ces said...

Wow! I love your work. I can't contain my excitement. It is as if I am free to eat any candy at the candy store! What did you use to draw this?

Rob Carey said...

thank you- I use Faber-Castell permanent fine point pens and watercolor. Micron pens also work well for these.