on the Rhine

October 9, 2010. A beautiful day today, and I had a chance to sit down by the Rhine River and sketch the Middle Rhine bridge. Quite a few people stopped by to watch behind my back now and then. I had the sense today that the days of warm weather sketching are nearing an end for this year. As I see the fall colors beginning to make their appearance, I realize that I will soon be wearing gloves, coats, and hats, and outdoor sketching will be more of a challenge. Fingerless mittens and long underwear become just as important as bringing enough pencils and pens.

3 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

Superb. You really took advantage of the nice weather.

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This fabulous work with us
Good creations

plo said...

I was there about a month before you sketched this! Wish I could have made the boat sit still so I could sketch! LOVELY!!!