snips and snails


Brett, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

October 16, 2010. I'm getting to the age when I can't remember the most basic things. "What are little boys made of? Snips and snails and puppy dog tails..." Well, this is an attempt at drawing another of my students, Brett, and he's all boy. I'm surprised I even attempt these things. I'm not a very patient person, and definitely not a perfectionist, so trying these portraits is a real challenge for me. I don't like to sit still for long periods of time, and I don't like to spend more than a couple hours on any one sketch. But, like some of you have reminded me, it takes lots of practice...

3 comments:

Alex Zonis said...

Brett looks great! I suspect much mischief in this young fellow, but very cute. Awesome work on your part!

Rob Carey said...

He's a hard worker- and he loves sports! Thanks.

Ces said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOW! I am so glad I stumbled here. I can't remember how but I am here. Wow!