more coffee please

December 27, 2010. Instead of a vacation, we're saving money this year by just taking our kids up to the mountains a few times to go snowboarding. We can be up at the slopes in about an hour, and sleep in our own beds. My wife and I just hang out in the ski lodge and drink coffee. She reads while I sketch what's going on around me. The kids come back now and then to report on their latest adventure, get a hot cocoa, or just warm up. The Feldberg ski area was packed today. I took a good long walk up the mountain to enjoy the fresh cold air and watch the kids go down. Beautiful day.

3 comments:

NoviceArtist said...

I like your drawing of all the people in the lodge. What a great way to spend a vacation, and economical too.

Rob Carey said...

thanks- I don't find this type of sketching easy. Most times, you get a quick glimpse for a couple seconds, then the person has turned completely around, taken off their jacket, or left the building! The only thing that really stood still was the plate of French Fries, and even that disappeared in a few minutes.

NoviceArtist said...

I was wondering about that. I'm a new artist and such tidbits is always helpful. Thanks.