the Basel fire boat


fireboat in Basel, CH, originally uploaded by Rob Carey

February 19, 2011. An early morning sketch down in Basel this morning- I came upon this little fire boat parked in the Rhine. It was a beautiful morning, overcast and quiet, but you could tell the sun would be warming everything up by lunch time. I can't remember it being so warm at this time of the year, but then again, I was wearing two coats, fingerless gloves, and ski pants. After sketching, I took some video footage around me on the street and put this together to show you one of my favorite places in our region.

5 comments:

Frankie said...

Brian just watched your video, on his way out for a day of snowmobiling...his words for you...
"amazing". I agree, love the fireboat and love watching you sketch.

Thanks for all your postings!

Rob Carey said...

Have fun on the snowmobile! wiwt!

Rene Fijten said...

Super! This fireboat is a fabulous piece of work!

Pierre Raby said...

I can feel your fun/passion and the well deserved increasing confidence that radiates in everything you post. Awesome sketch Rob, the video is great with that perfect choice of music. What is it?
Have a great weekend.

Rob Carey said...

Thank you, Rene and Pierre! The music I put together using Garage Band- kind of fun. Not my guitar this time.