Brian Jacques


Brian Jacques, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

February 18, 2011. A little tribute to the author of the Redwall series today. I've had several students through the years who have enjoyed reading these novels. I'm enjoying my dear wife who has now returned from Seattle. She loved the city and visiting with prospective staff for our school, as well as meeting with former staff and other friends. She said the city is beautiful, and I'm excited to see it myself again this coming summer.

8 comments:

rowlandjones said...

Lovely!

Your cross-hatching is wonderful! I hope that doesn't sound too geeky!
Robert Crumb once said:
'Drawing is just an excuse to do cross-hatching'

Rob Carey said...

Yeah, he did a lot of it too. thanks, Rowland.

Frankie said...

Robert Crumb? I like that name.
I love this sketch and the little story with it. Although I have never heard the term "cross hatching" I like the effect.

Welcome home hugs to Carrie!

Rob Carey said...

You would recognize his comics- remember the "Keep on Truckin'" logo? He has a very distinct style, which he says was influenced by his use of LSD. (Not the case for me, by the way. I'm influenced by Braunschweiger, as you know.)

debra morris said...

Great sketch! great cross-hatching

Rob Carey said...

thanks Debra.

Marcia said...

I have been enjoying the tribute pages very much. Thanks for taking the trouble to post your work online. It's beautiful.

RobCarey said...

thank you, Marcia.