poetry and solitude


Ferrette, FR, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

February 24, 2011. I unwind with solitude. I crave it like some people crave interaction and large groups. My job requires that I spend a lot of time talking, so I look forward to moments when I can take a walk or do a sketch. I think it's an important part of my life. It's when I figure everything out. It's when I make big decisions and evaluate how things are going. It's when I take time to listen to that voice from above; that voice that reminds me who I am, and who He is, and how quickly this life is passing, and what's important and what's not. I went to my son's middle school poetry recital the other day. He recited "The Tyger" by William Blake. I loved it, and it made me think there must be a connection between solitude and poetry when it comes to the human soul.

3 comments:

Alex Zonis said...

So beautiful!

Frankie said...

Oh my....love the depth of color in this one. Would love to go inside.

Now I am going to Google "The Tyger" and smile, missing my Micah Man.

Rob Carey said...

thank you both- this is actually a sketch I did a couple years ago, when I was starting to use pen in a different way.