don't park there!


Le Boulangerie, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

March 12, 2011. I had to draw something today, because my attempt to fix a toilet was such a failure. I made 4 long trips to the hardware store, and now the thing is worse than when I started. In fact, it looks like we'll be without a toilet on our main floor for a month now. It's ok. We were without one on our upstairs floor most of the fall, and we managed. Anyway, I determined not to get frustrated, took a long walk to blow off steam, then came home and made up this picture. I just can't figure why I decided to park the car right in the middle of the drawing!

7 comments:

Peter Bangs said...

I feel for you, my DIY disasters have always been so bad that my wife does all that stuff now and I'm relegated to doestic duties. I like the inclusion of the car in the drawing, gives it a sense of not being "posed" if you know what I mean.

Rene Fijten said...

Lovely drawing. And I have had bathroom troubles the last week - is it contaguous?

RobCarey said...

(smile) I don't think I'm ready to give my wife the tool box yet, but I sure feel like giving it to someone else at times.

RobCarey said...

Rene- I think part of the problem has to do with our water, as it contains this brown sediment that causes problems, and does who knows what to us when we drink it.

Michael said...

All the detail in this drawing is very captivating. You certainly have a lot of patience or work incredibly fast. The car is so unusual ... so why not place it in the centre!
Fortunately my plumbing in the city seems to work fine ... of course, at the cottage we only have an outhouse which has its own disadvantages when its minus 20 C!

kyle said...

I like this sketch a lot. The little white car reminds me of one I used to drive back and forth to school.

RobCarey said...

I don't have a lot of patience, unfortunately, Michael. Most of the drawings on this blog are under two hours, some a little more. I don't have a lot of time to draw, so I have to really boogie when I do. Your outhouse sounds a bit rustic. Makes me appreciate my situation.
That little car is supposed to be a 2CV Citroen. There are quite a few around here.