my tramp abroad


Sitzenkirch to Kandern, originally uploaded by Rob Carey2.

March 24, 2011. I was thinking about putting a new flag on this blog yesterday, and as I was walking home from work I got to this point on the trail and decided this image best represents my life at the moment. So I came home and drew the image as I remember it. Not only does this image symbolize where I'm at, but it represents my life here in southern Germany so well. I have walked this trail hundreds of times, on good days, bad days, misty and cold days, bright and warm days. When I think about life here in this part of the world, this is what comes to mind.

6 comments:

Jeff Black said...

Rob - I've lurked on and off here many times lately, but I'll just have to comment on this one. Loved it.

Jeff

Rene Fijten said...

I like the new banner. Good drawing. But I can't help wondering why someone would like to put the bench behind the barbed wire.

RobCarey said...

I bet this reminds you of orienteering a bit, huh? Congratulations on your latest championship!
-Rob

RobCarey said...

Rene- Yes, you are right. In reality, the bench is a hundred meters away from this spot, but I added it as an afterthought after I had drawn the wire. Let's just say that the cows are allowed to sit here and enjoy the view.

Anonymous said...

the tree is distressing....

RobCarey said...

It looks foreboding, doesn't it. like the future is uncertain. Well, one of these days I'll fix that. Thanks.