a crossing

Hayward, CA October 20, 2012. I want so badly to pull out my pen to draw, but I'm holding back, sticking to the pencil. This sketch is just down the tracks from our place, here in Hayward. The BART raced by overhead several times while I was sketching it. This urban river would be quite the place to explore, as the walls on both sides are covered with amazing artwork by local kids- not represented in this sketch, of course, but I wanted to draw this bridge. There was a big party going on today in the area, with live music and food.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have showed great perseverance behind the blog. It's been enriched since the beginning. I love to share to with my friends. Carry on.

RobCarey said...

Thanks for your note. I appreciate it.

Frankie said...

I love your new penless style! Wish I were there to hear the music (and of course taste the food:). Your fences are always amazing!

Rowan said...

Hi Rob,

I have been reading your blog for a while, love reading it. The penless style looks awesome!

RobCarey said...

Thanks!