God who?

Hayward, CA October 10, 2012. (Sketch of our townhouses in Hayward) I'm not a novice at doubting. I've done my fair share. I grew up hearing about God's love, but I wasn't convinced. As a kid I often thought, "If God is love, then why is life so miserable for so many people?" "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation," said Thoreau, and it doesn't take but a few short encounters with flesh and blood to see the truth of that. I don't want to dash your hopes of cynicism, but my doubting proved to be a futile expedition. There is a path to freedom, but don't take my word for it. He is but a breath away from us all.

3 comments:

Janene said...

As Timothy Keller puts it, "Doubt your doubts"...sounds like good advice for a thoughtful person. Delightful sketch!

RobCarey said...

Thank you, Janene.

Cassie said...

Amen! Thankful for your thoughts and love your sketches!