another coffee shop

Castro Valley, CA November 28, 2012. I was hanging out with my wife at a coffee shop in Castro Valley tonight, trying to sketch some of the people around me. The guy with the pony tail was carrying on an interesting conversation... something about faith, I believe, but I couldn't catch enough of the content to make much sense of it, and it wasn't really my business anyway. At first I thought he was sketching, as he had a large sketchbook type thing in front of him, and several kinds of pens and pencils. But then I realized he was working things out with a calculator, and he was maybe a teacher or something because younger people would come up to him and discuss other subjects I couldn't make heads or tails of.

4 comments:

Diminished Sanity said...

I drink plenty of coffee, but no time to hang out at the coffee shop. Got to work on that. Enjoyed the sketch and it made me think about my time management. Thanks.

RobCarey said...

Our son was at a church function, so we dropped him off, then had an hour to kill instead of driving all the way home.

Rene Fijten said...

Here in the Netherlands coffee shops are a quite different thing... I don't think I would ever find you in one of those.

RobCarey said...

Ah yes. I mean, no, I wouldn't... back when I was a young man making many more mistakes probably, but not now. :)