on the Eve

Christmas Eve 2013 December 24, 2012. I'm thanking God for a wonderful Christmas Eve with my family in Long Beach today. We've waited fifteen years to enjoy this simple pleasure. One of my nephews wanted to do some sketching together, so here's what I came up with. So much to enjoy; my dad read a great Advent story, my mom shared her delicious cooking, my brother took us to his church service, and we all enjoyed riveting games of Dutch Blitz. As always, time flies too fast when you're with those you love, and now it's time to tuck the kids into bed before we drive to my wife's parents tomorrow.

3 comments:

Pierre Raby said...

Merry Christmas Rob! I wish you and family a wonderful holyday season!

RobCarey said...

And to you and yours, Pierre! Happy New Year!

Katherine Thomas said...

Your Christmas drawings are wonderful! These captured the moods and special moments of the day so perfectly! Well done!