Fishing Village

Fishing Village

December 17, 2013.  We spent the evening with a couple from church; the husband, a Dutch pastry chef, his German wife, and their college-age grandson. We felt like we were back in Europe for a night, relaxing over a delicious meal, and talking about their life of adventures, including living 18 years in Acapulco. We spent a good deal of the time talking about their spiritual journey, and finished up talking about his uncle's artwork, which decorated many of the walls of their house. His name was Clement Bezemer, a true "urban sketcher" of earlier days. Our friend also knew the well-known Dutch artist Rien Poortvliet, as he was from the same home town, so I enjoyed plenty of wonderful artwork.  Print $20

4 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

Lovely drawing. You saw work of Rien Poortvliet? When I was young my father was a big fan of him, which was a good reason for me to despise his work. I considered it to be romantic and nostalgic kitsch. But I recently saw his work again, and i will admit I was wrong, he was a very skilled painter, especially his nature scenes.

RobCarey said...

I like especially his people and farms. I may order a book of his for myself.

joseph's art and stuff said...

You've been pumping out a lot of great work! Merry Christmas to you and yours! My daughters won't be here this year so our celebration will a little less joyful.

RobCarey said...

Sorry to hear that, Joseph. Yet may you experience peace and joy with those you are with. Greet my kids if you see them shopping in Spokane! :)