Dec 22, 2016

Valero at Barstow & Clovis

This is a sight I see at least twice or even three times a week as I am filling up my gas tank. This particular station is often lower priced than other stations, and gasoline is now around $2.30 a gallon. I always find the large satellite dish atop this tiny building a bit humorous, but I suppose it gets very boring sitting in there all day long, and this gives the worker something to pass the time. This station is so small that customers are not even allowed inside. It contains a few items like soda and snacks, and some basic maintenance things, but for the most part it is just a closet, a type of guard shack for the station.

2 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

I like the drawings of these small, but clearly recognizable buildings a lot.
The architect in me wonders if they are formed like this to attract attention, in spite of their size.
Same with the sushi barn.

RobCarey said...

Perhaps- this particular structure is just a half of a larger structure. I am always fascinated with the large satellite dish on the top.