Apr 15, 2017

A Week in Hawaii





My wife and I just spent a week in Hawaii for her job. I tagged along and helped, but had the opportunity to get out about once a day to do a sketch, so these are the results. The top sketch was in Maui, near the beach where we saw some enormous sea turtles coming to shore to nibble the algae from the rocks. The next sketch shows a fishing boat near Nico's restaurant, where I had fantastic fish and chips- swordfish. The third sketch shows a surfboard rental place right there in Waikiki. The fourth sketch was retirement housing, the only thing I could find to sketch while waiting for one of my wife's short appointments. The last sketch was a quick sample of the view from our hotel, although it's just a small section of the grand view.

4 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

beautiful images, like always.

RobCarey said...

thank you- Hawaii is such a beautiful place to be.

Johnny Perez said...

Awesome, I want to do this with everywhere I travel but I can't sit down, lol

RobCarey said...

Right! You just have to swim and leave the sketchbook on the beach. I did usually.