Apr 5, 2017

Fine Dining in Clovis

Clovis is a cowboy town, and every now and then you see the cowboy hats proudly worn by the locals. I'm excited, you see, because in just a few days my wife and I are taking a jet plane to Waikiki for a week. I'm ready for a break from teaching, just plain tuckered out, and she was heading to the islands for work, so I get to tag along. Good times. It's been 26 years since I was there, and that was our honeymoon. Although she'll be working, we'll be able to squeeze some dates in here and there, and I'm hoping to even get a few sketches in.

2 comments:

Rene Fijten said...

Lovely drawing. The guy really looks like someone who sat next to us at breakfast in our Hotel in Visalia, back when we travelled the US. I still remember I wished I had my sketchbook with me. Brings back good memories.

RobCarey said...

Hey, there's a chance you actually saw them! You never know, they could be from Visalia.